For the love of bags....

Everything you ever wanted to know about buying and selling designer - with lots of pretty pictures!

Monday, 11 January 2010

Things to know when buying designer handbags...

Well, it's been over a year since i even made a post and in that time a lot has changed - except my passion for bags....I had to close my website because i just didn't have time to look after it along with doing my day job and trying to maintain a semblance of a life...

Not to worry, i thought i'd start sharing some things i've picked up since my bag fetish started a couple of years ago. It is possible to find genuine designer bags out there for a fraction of retail - not just on auction sites (i say auction sites, i mean Ebay and Bonanzle - which i will post about later) but in the sales, in the UK and further afield. If you want to know what i know and grow a great collection, keep reading...

My main attention goes to Chloe (as already mentioned several times!) and Balenciaga which was a later arrival - not on my radar, it's always been there, but to my collection since they're slightly pricier. However, i occasionally dabble in other brands and the important thing to remember is that all the same rules apply whatever you're after - do your homework. When dealing with reputable online stores, you will in general be fairly well protected. When dealing elsewhere, you will never have a 100% guarantee that things will go right but you can do plenty of things to help ensure it does. I will try to focus on different topics over the next few weeks including tips on buying and selling on Ebay, specific tips on looking out for fakes and classic scam techniques/stories....

I will also be showcasing the bags/accessories i own, just because it's nice to get them out every now and again!

My beautiful Chloe Terracotta Edith Loaf:

Photobucket

IF ANYONE WANTS TO ASK A QUESTION, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT - NO ABUSE PLEASE! I AM A BAG LOVER WITH A LOT OF EXPERIENCE IN OWNING AND SELLING DESIGNER BAGS - I AM NOT HOWEVER GOING TO PRETEND I KNOW ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING - I AM ALL ABOUT SHARING THE KNOWLEDGE!

No comments: